I hope that you are all well.
You will have received Terry’ e -mail sharing that he has stepped down as chairman.
We all owe Terry a great debt of gratitude for not only starting the club but for also putting significant personal effort into what it has become today.
As you know I have been appointed as Terry’ successor.
I am very proud to accept this responsibility.
Of course, you as club members, will ratify this at the next AGM when I stand for re-election.
So ,what do I have in mind as chairman?
The answer is simple, they are the priorities that we have agreed as a committee and published in the ‘stepping into the future’ document.
As a brief reminder, our direction of travel over the next 6-18 months is –
- successfully navigate the COVID-19 period
- extend CCWFC’ reach into the community
- increase club membership to 100+ by March 2022
- further develop the ‘recreational’ element of our training
- progressively develop more challenging training routines
- extend the provision of 3G pitch training sessions
- establish a tangible sponsorship relationship with Chelmsford City FC
- establish a club o70’ team and campaign for an Essex o70’ league
- actively nominate and sponsor players for county, regional and international trials
- re-establish a vibrant social scene, once COVID-19 guidelines allow
Right now, our focus is on staying safe and staying connected.
I am sure that we will weather the storm and be back on a football pitch in the not-too-distant future.
I look forward to doing my best for you and the club.
Here is to a much brighter 2021.